Thursday, September 4, 2008

Moving on.

Got the job. Coulda had both jobs. But got offered the one I wanted just after 5 today. I'll take a 10K a year raise, less commute, NO CRAZY DRAMA, an office without everyone's stupid CRAP and life coming FULL CIRCLE.

Let me explain.

When I was 23 and obviously temporarily retarded, I got engaged to the moron known as my ex-husband. I had a really good job as a Marketing Assistant for a foodservice brokerage and marketing group. Moron complained and bitched and moaned that I would have to TRAVEL (like twice a year) and basically manipulated me into quitting my job and I was stupid enough to fall for it.

I loved that job, and it was the most money I ever made, and as soon as I realized what I had done I felt like the hugest dumbass ever. And I was damn good at it too.

When I went back to work in an office I ended up temping for an insurance place and that's how I got stuck in insurance hell for these last 8 or so years.

Well, that job was the most money I ever made. Until NOW. And this is starting wage!

I feel like I am back on track. I feel like I've got myself back, on every level.

The philosophy there is you have to work hard, have a good sense of humor, and while education is helpful it isn't everything. I only have my AA, and they mentioned "Oh you have an AA" and asked if I wanted to go further, and I mentioned I wasn't sure. They discussed that they had tuition reimbursement, yet the VP of Marketing said "At Papa Murphy's we look at who you are, what you do, and not your fancy degrees. Our CFO doesn't even have a Bachelor's."

The one thing I've beaten myself up for screwing up is fucking around and not getting more school. And it doesn't matter here. I can do as well as I want to, and I'm so completely relieved. I feel set free right now. It was so time for me to move on.

Now giving notice is another issue. Not looking forward to it... ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment